I absolutely love Greek food…especially tzatziki sauce! Uhhh refreshing tzatziki drizzled on… right out of the oven pita bread. Seriously though…my mouth is watering. I literally have not had tzatziki sauce in years! Until recently when I discovered plain coconut yogurt. That’s the best thing about have a food allergy in 2018 there are so many alternatives you won’t even miss all those foods.
1 1/2 cups plain coconut yogurt
1/2 (1cup) large cucumber, grated
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup finely chopped dill
1 lemon juice
TT Salt & Pepper
- On a large grater grate the cucumbers. Wrap the cucumbers and cheesecloth. Ringing out as much water as possible. Drain over a bowl for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a large mixing bowl add coconut yogurt, dill, lemon juice, salt & pepper.
- Add cucumbers & stir to combine.
- Adjust seasoning & enjoy!
CHEF’S TIPS & TRICKS
- The key to this is to strain as much water as possible from the cucumbers.
- This will hold for 3 days.