Vegan Chick Pea Egg Salad
Smashed chick peas & kala namka salt makes this “egg” salad a perfect on the go vegan breakfast. It only takes five minutes, can be prepped ahead of time, and it fuels you up to make hectic mornings seem possible !
2 (15oz) can of chick peas
2 teaspoons Vegenaise mayo
1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
1 teaspoon tahini
2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
1 small carrot, small dice
1 1/2 teaspoon kala namka* salt, or Himalayan salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
To taste black pepper
- Drain & rinse chick peas. In medium bowl smash chick peas using a fork- or a potato masher
- Add all ingredients to bowl and mix well. Season to taste
- Enjoy over toast
CHEF’S TIPS & TRICKS
- *Kala-Namka salt is a Himalayan black salt that gives off an egg odor. The smell makes you believe your eating eggs. You can order it right on Amazon– of course!
- This is a great 5 Minute Breakfast to enjoy on the go. Quick meal prep in the beginning of the week- holds for 5 days.
- I also use this recipe as a tuna substitute and enjoy over a simple green salad.